In this treasury of stories, students will ready of some of the noblest deeds the world has seen. As the author described it, it is intended to open the door to the “soul-stirring deeds that give life and glory to the record of events . . . In the trust that example may inspire the spirit of heroism . . . “.
- The Pass of Thermopylae
- How One Man Saved a Host
- The Brave Brethren of Judah
- Withstanding the Monarch in His Wrath
- The Last Fight in the Coliseum
- The Shepherd Girl of Nanterre
- Leo the Slave
- Faithful Till Death
- What is Better that Slaying a Dragon
- and many more.
This beautiful Australian edition includes all the original illustrations and page decorations found in the D. Lothrop edition of the original text.