Evaluating writing is so much more than just “correcting papers.” It can affect your student’s feelings about writing, his or her chance of academic success, and even the relationship you share. In this simple, approachable little book (just 32 pages!), you’ll learn how to evaluate writing in a way that is consistent and constructive.
Downloadable ebook; 32 pages
Evaluate Writing the Easy Way!
Evaluating writing is so much more than just correcting papers.
It can affect your student’s feelings about writing, his or her chance of academic success, and even the relationship you share.
In this simple, approachable little ebook (just 32 pages!), you’ll learn the things you need to know in order to give your students constructive, consistent feedback.
- The definition, purpose, and goals of writing evaluation
- How to recognize good writing
- How to measure results by an objective standard
- The seven skill areas you need to assess in each writing assignment
- How to provide constructive feedback in a consistent, organized way
- How to evaluate tactfully and with grace
- How to evaluate in a way that preserves and strengthens your relationship with your student
You'll find that using the reproducible rubric will help you evaluate fairly and consistently in a way that helps your student grow as a writer. It doesn't have to be hard to evaluate writing!
If you have felt that you’re just not equipped for the job of evaluating writing, the Evaluate Writing ebook will provide the information, tools, and resources you need.
Writing evaluation is a valuable skill, and you can learn to do it!
The Evaluate Writing eBook is 32 pages; 5.5 x 8.5"
Evaluate Writing ebook Contents
- What is Writing Evaluation?
- What is a Good Evaluation?
- Learn to Recognize Good Writing
- Understand the Purpose of Writing
- Clear Assignments, Excellent Models
- Teaching and Evaluation Sequence
- The Rubric
- How to Evaluate a Rough Draft
- How to Evaluate a Final Draft
- Remember the Goals!
Rubric for Composition
- Rubric Keys